2 Corinthians 6:17 – “Come ye out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, And touch no unclean thing; and I will receive you” (KJV)
What does this mean to you?
Daniel 1:8 – “Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself“
What does this mean to you?
In thinking about these verses my mind goes to the time when I lived in Amish country. Maybe the Amish have had it right all along?
Maybe, but from what I witnessed during that time in Amish country I saw real inconsistencies:
- Grocery items in their shopping carts that I honestly don’t think Yahweh-God Our Creator intended for our “Temples of the Holy Spirit”. Any idea what those items might have been? As a consequence they ARE dealing with modern-day dis-eases associated with those items.
- In visiting an Amish family’s home for a meal I witnessed the upstairs of their house, where paying dinner guests were hosted, had modern appliances and cooking shortcuts. This was disappointing for me, as I wanted the ‘Amish’ experience, not the modern America experience. The downstairs of the house was the rustic setting we visualize for their community and is depicted in movies about the Amish.
- Modern transportation is ok, as long as a non-Amish person is doing the driving.
Please understand, I am NOT bashing the Amish community. I admire them for adhering to 2 Corinthians 6:17, for the most part, which is way more than most of us ‘outsiders’ are willing to do. How many of us have made the Amish the object of snide remarks and jokes?
I ask the question again, what do 2 Corinthians 6:17 and Daniel 1:8 mean to you?
Reading the verses just prior to 2 Corinthians 6:17, verses 14-16, we usually associate with not being unequally yoked with unbelievers. Could there be another meaning as well?
The second half of verse 14 through the first half of verse 16 state, “for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols?“
The Israelites were told to leave behind the idols they had picked up while in Egypt. What idols do WE have in current day 2022 that we’ve picked up from the current/recent culture?
Could some other ways to look at this be…
- “What fellowship has Coke and your vehicle’s gas tank?”
- “What fellowship has that chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a have with your body, which many of you call the ‘Temple of the Holy Spirit’? I know, because I hear it all the time, “But Chick-fil-A is a CHRISTIAN company! They do so much good for the community, and are Closed on Sundays!” Hmmm… does this 7 year old Chick–fil-A sandwich look like the company is ‘doing good’? Would a Christian company advertise for you to go against 1 Corinthians 10:13, or Matthew 26: 41?
- How about the beverages you pour into your “Temple”? Are you following the crowd, or have you stepped out from among them?
- What music do you listen to? How about movies you watch? What are you reading on a regular basis? What “news” source do you listen to the most? Are you following the crowd, or have you stepped out from among them?
- How about doctor visits? How many have you had in the last month; in the last six months; in the last year? Do you realize how luciferian that system is? Do you know who can appear as an angel of light… giving just enough truth to draw you in thinking it is Yahweh-God our Creator speaking to you. Don’t bother giving me the line, “Well the apostle Luke was a doctor“! I’ve done my research which you are more than welcome to read.
- Where did your church stand during the last two years with quarantine and all the Covid stuff? What are they standing for now?
Was/Is this your church – 501(c)3?
Did it shut it’s doors during quarantine, or encourage “Social Distancing”, or even that members get the JAB?
Did your church take any Paycheck Protection monies… trusting the government to take care of them rather than Yahweh-God our Creator whom they claim to be followers of and trust in? What strings are attached to that PPP? Do you think Yahweh-God our Creator really wanted your church to take those funds?
Did/Does your church have a sign like this one does:
Is your church CONTENDING for THE TRUTH?
What IS Truth?
What does Contend mean?
These next signs speak volumes to my soul! I’ve been trying to understand why I don’t fit in, why I don’t get the invites to participate in activities I know I’d enjoy, why I seem to speak to brick walls. I’m seeing more clearly now how all through my life Yahweh-God My Creator was setting me apart all along. I’m learning to be eternally grateful, as well as humbled that My Creator would trust me so much with HIS Story to give me the Cancer Journey Assignment I’ve been blessed to be given of sharing Yahweh-God’s story through me!
I am not here to convince you, but rather to share another perspective you may not have heard before, and to Open A World of Possibilities.
Thanks for reading!
My desire is to Inspire People. I want people when they meet me to say, “Because of You I did not give up!” I hope you have been inspired through my journey!
Check out our podcasts & videos!
You are FREE to Choose, but not free from the Consequences of your choices.
He who has an ear to hear, let him hear. I hope you are one who has ears to hear!
Until Next Time!
REMEMBER: The very best affirmations for me come in the form of witnessing the healing changes that come when people JOIN me on the journey of following the guidelines given to us by Yahweh – God our CREATOR rather than man and tastebuds! Deuteronomy 28 & Daniel 1:8
Victory Haven – Alternative Cancer Support & Assistance Group